Weekend: Halloween and Voting

A brief update on some things happening today and this weekend:
  • Early voting continues through Election Day at Trinidad Rec. It’s easy, safe and only takes a few minutes. You can even get a free ride to the polls. If you still want to vote with a mail ballot it’s recommended that you drop it off into an official box rather than try and mail it. 

  • Halloween tomorrow! The drive-thru off Holbrook needs candy and volunteers today (at 11am) and before giving out candy tomorrow (at 4pm). Trick-or-treating from 5:30 to 8pm.

  • Don’t forget to check out Brad Burke’s haunt this weekend while you still can!

  • I would love to post photos of trick-or-treaters (with parents’ permission) and innovative candy delivery systems here, so send me photos via email joshkramercomics(at)gmail(dot)com or through Twitter.

  • For your weekend reading: I wrote an essay for The DC Line about our city government and how we might improve it. (Obviously if you read this site you know I care about our ANC but that doesn’t mean I think the system couldn’t be better.)
Please send me your calendar items and events for the neighborhood and I’ll do my best to spread the word here. Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular Posts